Shortcuts are displayed in the upper part of the navigation pane when your Home Page is displayed. If the navigation pane is not visible, choose the Layout menu and select Navigation Pane. Choose the Home navigation pane button to display your shortcuts and your home page.
Use shortcuts to quickly open frequently used windows and resources within Microsoft Dynamics GP. For example, if you regularly access a small subset of windows in your daily tasks, you can create shortcuts to those windows and store them in one folder. You can do the same with windows that you use less frequently, such as those used for month-end closing procedures.
The default set of shortcuts contain a Startup folder. Shortcuts that you move into this folder will start automatically when you log in to a company in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Shortcuts also may include a User Classes folder. The User Classes folder is created for you by the system administrator and contains shortcuts to specific tasks and windows. The system administrator can modify and delete a User Classes folder or any other shortcuts within the folder.
The following table explains shortcut options that are available.
|Open a shortcut||Click the shortcut to open.|
|Open a shortcut in a folder||Click a folder name to expand its contents and click the shortcut to open.|
|Add a new shortcut folder||Right-click anywhere in the list of shortcuts and choose Add >> Folder.|
|Move a shortcut into a folder||Select the shortcut and drag it into a shortcut folder.|
|Delete a shortcut or folder||Right-Click the shortcut or folder and choose Delete.|
|Rename a shortcut||Right-click the shortcut or folder and choose Rename.|
Creating external shortcuts
You can create shortcuts to external tasks by using the Add External Shortcut window.
To create an external shortcut:
- Right-click anywhere in the list of shortcuts and choose Add >> Add External Shortcut.
- The Add External Shortcut window appears.
- Enter a name for the application or file in the Name field.
- Choose the Browse button to locate the external application or file to add. The Select an Application window appears.
- Select a program or file. Choose Open to add its path to the Command Line field in the Add External Shortcut window.
- Choose Add to create a shortcut to the file.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each external shortcut you want to create.
- Choose Done to close the Add External Shortcut window.
Creating a new shortcut folder
You can organize shortcuts by grouping them into folders on the shortcut bar. For example, you may want to group shortcuts for a series of tasks in the same folder, or put shortcuts for the same type of files in one folder.
To create a new shortcut folder:
- Right-click anywhere in the list of shortcuts and choose Add >> Folder.
- A folder will appear with the default name New Folder.
- Enter a name for the folder.
Creating shortcuts to SmartList favorites
You can quickly access the information stored in your Microsoft Dynamics GP data that you regularly refer to by adding shortcuts to SmartList favorites
To create a shortcut to a SmartList favorite:
- Right-click anywhere in the list of shortcuts and choose Add >> Add SmartList.
- The Add SmartList Favorite Shortcut window appears.
- From the list of available SmartList Favorites, locate and select the favorite to create a shortcut for. The favorite will appear in the SmartList favorite field.
- Accept or enter the name for the SmartList favorite in the Name field. The name can be up to 79 characters long.
- Choose Add to create a shortcut to the favorite.
- To create additional SmartList favorite shortcuts, repeat steps 3 through 5 for each SmartList favorite to create a shortcut for.
- Choose Done to close the Add SmartList Favorite Shortcut window.
Creating shortcuts to web pages
If you regularly refer to web pages or web sites to complete your Microsoft Dynamics GP tasks, you can add shortcuts to those pages and access them quickly without having to enter the address in your web browser application.
To create a shortcut to a web page:
- Right-click anywhere in the list of shortcuts and choose Add >> Add Web Page.
- The Add Web Page Shortcut window appears.
- Enter a name for the web page in the Name field. The name can be up to 79 characters long.
- Enter the web page address in the Address field.
- Choose Add to create a shortcut to the web page.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each web page to create a shortcut for.
- Choose Done to close the Add Web Page Shortcut window.
Creating shortcuts to Microsoft Dynamics GP windows
The most common type of shortcut you’ll create is a shortcut to a window within Microsoft Dynamics GP. You also can add shortcuts of multiple Microsoft Dynamics GP windows at one time to group them in a shortcut folder.
To create a shortcut to the current Microsoft Dynamics GP window:
- Open the window to add a shortcut for.
- Choose File >> Add to Shortcuts.
To create shortcuts to several Microsoft Dynamics GP windows:
- Right-click anywhere in the list of shortcuts and choose Add >> Add Window.
- The Add Window Shortcut window appears.
- Enter a name for the shortcut in the Name field. The name can be up to 79 characters long.
- From the Available Windows list, locate and select a window to create a shortcut for.
- Choose Add to create a shortcut to the window.
- To create additional shortcuts, repeat steps 3 through 5 for each window to create a shortcut for.
- Choose Done to close the Add Window Shortcut window.
Creating custom keyboard shortcuts
You can apply a series of keystrokes to activate a shortcut using the keyboard. You’ll choose from a list of available keyboard shortcuts to assign the keystrokes. Any keys used for keyboard commands by the operating system, the main Microsoft Dynamics GP menus, or other shortcuts won’t be available to use for custom keyboard shortcuts.
To create a custom keyboard shortcut:
- In the list of shortcuts, right-click on the shortcut to assign a keyboard shortcut to and choose Shortcut Properties. The Shortcut Properties window opens.
- Choose a keyboard shortcut from the available keystrokes in the Keyboard Shortcut drop-down list.
- Choose OK.
|Terrapin Consulting is a premier provider of Dynamics GP Support. We can support you from anywhere in the USA & Canada.||At Terrapin Consulting there’ll be a veteran CPA keeping an eye on your Dynamics GP system.|
|www.terrcon.com / 888-368-6670 / firstname.lastname@example.org|